WORKING AT SWARM
Swarm Digital is an app and software development company. We specialise in custom software which is uniquely built for each project. For each project, we strive to use the latest technology stacks currently available to ensure each client has a benchmarked project. At Swarm, you will be exposed to multiple tech stacks to perform your duties and also grow your skillset as a software engineer.
Swarm provides three primary types of services to clients:
- Design and develop new web and mobile applications
- Take over development of existing, legacy applications and optimise through tech renewal
- Perform complex integrations between enterprise systems and service providers
As a developer at Swarm, each project that you work on will fit into one of these three categories. Our projects range from being quite short (+/- 3 months) to longer projects taking 12-18 months. With certain products we build, our involvement may extend into multiple years.
Depending on the length of the project you are part of, a lot of time may be spent on one type of project or if you are building or supporting smaller projects, you may move from project type to project type more frequently. Swarm is looking for a developer to join the team and is flexible and willing to work on all three types of projects as well as short and long term projects.
- 2+ years professional experience working with React Native & js
- Experience with the following technologies & tools is a must:
- React Native
- Docker, Amazon Web Services
- MongoDB, MySQL
- HTML, CSS
- Various web API’s
- Bitbucket, GitHub – repo’s and pipelines
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take ownership over your work and support the team you are working in
- Ability to identify with the goals of Swarm clients, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and the team make to them.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office and remotely with your colleagues.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week with the occasional overtime
- Beneficial experience (not required):
- .Net Core
- Linux server administration
- Android Studio & XCode
- Work as part of a small team of skilled web and mobile developers.
- Build and maintain enterprise React Native iOS & Android applications
- Architect, build and maintain excellent quality mobile applications with clean code using React Native or similar stacks.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
- Integrate with third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via email and video conferencing
- Track your time throughout the day using Productive
- Work with modern tools including Productive, Bitbucket, GitHub, Google Docs, Postman, Android Studio and XCode
- Be part of a community of developers that share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Great working environment
- Office based, with flexible hours and remote working options
- Competitive salary